Dr. Fung was inspired by her father, who was a pediatrician, to develop a conscious and caring philosophy of life.
As a child, Dr. Fung searched, like many children, for a connection with her dentist ... one that would alleviate any nervousness she felt. It wasn’t until a visit to a pediatric dentist that her attention was captured. That doctor was kind and gentle, very patient, and worked with her to instill happy memories that lasted through adulthood. It was a pivotal experience and one she wanted to share with others.
Dr. Fung has practiced pediatric dentistry for more than 20 years and has had the privilege to meet many unique, dynamic, and thoroughly wonderful children. As a healthcare provider, her goal is to ensure that each patient feels safe, heard, and respected.
She and her team work hard to learn how to communicate with every child in a reassuring, nurturing manner. They focus on prevention, patient and parent education, and help each boy or girl establish healthy dental hygiene habits, which leads to a lifetime of healthy smiles!
- Undergraduate degree – Boston University
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- Pediatric dental residency – University of Southern California, Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center, and Miller Children’s and Women’s Hospital
One of the most exciting aspects of pediatric dentistry for Dr. Fung is the development of new technologies, materials, and treatment methods. She regularly participates in continuing education in order to stay current on the latest options: carefully studying each new process before deciding if it is appropriate to incorporate into her patients’ care.
In addition to completing online courses and webinars, Dr. Fung attends local, regional, and national meetings, to learn from the leaders in the specialty. She was especially honored to attend the California Pedodontic Research Conference, an invitation-only meeting that is limited to 60 doctors.
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- College of Diplomates of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Western Los Angeles Dental Society
- Western Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- Southern California Society of Dentistry for Children
- University of Southern California / Pediatric Dental Association
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Beyond the Office
Dr. Fung was born in Boston and moved to Hong Kong when she was two. There, she grew up and attended Hong Kong International School.
Dr. Fung now lives in Manhattan Beach and shares her life with her husband Johnny and their Golden Retrievers, Carl and Nelson.
Dr. Fung can often be found out and about with the dogs, walking on the Strand, or strolling around town. She and her husband also enjoy traveling, going to the mountains, and tending to their vegetable garden at the beach.
In addition, Dr. Fung regularly gives presentations at local preschools and through the Mommy and Me classes at South Bay Adult School. She also supports local schools, the Richstone Family Center, and the Jimmy Miller Memorial Foundation, because she believes we all must contribute to the best of our ability to strengthen the wonderful South Bay community.